Warbird Consulting Partners is seeking an Senior Consultant-Pharmacy Advisor for a health system for 9-12 months at a leading hospital in Chicago. This position will be responsible for the Pharmacy operations over the entire hospital system. Technical and interpersonal skills are a must for this individual to run the department.
This position is responsible for the overall management, operation and development of Pharmacy Services including anticoagulation clinics and inpatient and retail pharmacies for the hospital system. The Director must work in collaboration with the Pharmacy Managers in all areas of responsibilities, as well as all other clinical disciplines in the health system to maximize communication and outcomes.
Warbird engages talent and expertise across all of our practice areas and assembles experienced teams to solve a wide range of complex, pressing accounting and finance issues. Our consultants typically have 15-25 years plus of industry experience and know firsthand the daily challenges our clients encounter. We fit our consultants’ skills to the needs of our clients to ensure a successful experience for all. If you’re ready to take on the challenge, then let us help you advance your career in consulting!
- Researches new products, systems, and technologies. Works with nursing and medical staff to implement new techniques insuring improved pharmaceutical services and care to patients.
- Directs and accountable for the negotiation, ordering, receiving, storage, distribution, and charging of pharmaceuticals and narcotics to ensure safe and sufficient supply of the needed products. Works with Material Management to ensure group competitive long-term pricing on all products.
- Directs and participates in establishing and meeting the goals, objectives, policies, and procedures of the Pharmacy Departments according to institutional, JCAHO, state, and federal standards. Ensures that all areas of oversight are meeting the assigned standards.
- Directs and participates in developing the pharmacy budgets, basing criteria on the Health System and departmental strategic plans. Continually monitors and manages budget performances, making adjustments as necessary in collaboration with the site Pharmacy Manager.
- Directs and participates in the examination and review of drug formulary, quality of care, and utilization issues. Collaborates with the medical staffs and nursing to identify issues to improve patient outcomes and/or reduces costs.
- Coordinates Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committees and Pharmacy/Nursing Committees. Attends Medical Staff, Safety, Nursing and Ancillary Department meetings and task forces as appropriate.
- Projects future staffing requirements. Selects, trains, and develops an effective and efficient staff. Evaluates, coaches and counsels departmental Associates according to Human Resources and Development Policies in collaboration with the site Pharmacy Mangers. Reviews all training programs and oversees in-service programs related to Pharmacy Department personnel.
- Monitors operations and staffing according to established targets, when necessary, changes in methods, procedures, structure and/or changes in personnel to secure optimum utilization of resources.
- Ensures the provision of patient care needed as described in the unit's/department's policies and procedures, as well as in the clinical competency for the position to include providing the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to the patient's age-specific needs.
- Actively participates in organizational development programs and encourages Associate participation throughout the department.
- Develops and implements departmental strategic plan and goals on an annual basis that are consistent with those of the Division and the organization. Provides status reports as required.